Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 8, 9 and 10

My computer had to go to the shop for a few days to get loved on so I have the last 3 days of crafts all rolled into one blog post.

Day 8: Flower Tutorial
I have made so many of these flowers I could make them in my sleep! They are so cute as hairbows and a great accessory to any project, dress or bag.

Supplies
-alligator clips
- hot glue gun
- ribbon (grosgrain is the best for hairbows)
- fake flower bunch
- old buttons or rhinestones (you can buy a bag of medium size rhinestones in different colors from Walmart in the craft section for $2-$3.

When I started making these I would find several of my fake flower bunches for $2 or less at Walmart, Big Lots, Freds and the Dollar Store. Most of my ribbon I have always bought from Walmart.

Cut the flower off the stem and take it completely apart. Hot glue the layers back together one layer at a time. Add a button or rhinestone as an embellishment for the center of your flower.



Measure out a strip of ribbon, make sure that it will wrap over the entire ribbon. Hot glue the ribbon and place it on the clip. Once it dries glue the back of the flower to the top of the clip.



Day 9: Letter Canvas

I was inspired to do this one from this picture from Home Stores A 2 Z.

I chose Laugh, Love, Live for mine.

This is super easy! Take a blank canvas and either hot glue or spray adhesive glue and glue little letters (I found a bag of small wooden letters at Walmart for $2) to the canvas as a saying or favorite song lyric. Then once it dries, spraypaint the entire canvas a single color. I chose white like the picture I saw. Let it dry and hang it!

Day 10: Chore Chart
This one was supposed to be a cute crafty chart for chores for Carson and CJ, but Matt accidently bought a canvas instead of posterboard and I ran out of creative ideas. I will most likely be remaking this one after Christmas into a way more fun looking chart. For now this one will do.

Ha, also found out that trying to finish the chore chart at midnight isnt good for keeping my lines straight!!

The kids will get stars for each of the things they do daily and rewards for how many stars they get  per day and per week. I still havent come up with all my rewards, if you have any suggestions Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment