Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2: Canvas Love

Day 2 of crafting and Im in L-0-V-E with this one.

I am not a painter so I dont have much use for blank canvases, but I saw a really cool idea online for taking a blank canvas and some wooden letters and making a new piece of art for your wall.

Here is a link to the site where I found this idea from, Not on the High Street. I know I cant afford to spend $200 on wall art and I wasnt loving the seperate canvases so I made my own version. This is a cute idea for a baby girls nursery, girls room or in your own love nest.

Supplies
White Canvas, I chose an 11x14 for this project. They came 2 to a pack (I will be using the other one for another project in a few days) and were on sale at Wal-mart for less than $7. Im sure you can find them cheaper somewhere like Michaels.
My handy Spray Adhesive
Pink Spray Paint that I have left over from yesterdays craft ($3 at walmart)
and my wooden letters at $2 a letter


I spray painted the letters with the pink spray paint, let them dry and then sprayed the adhesive to the back of each letter and placed them on the canvas. Very simple!


Have fun with this one and make it your own! There are several different ways to get creative by using fabric, different color paints etc...
If you make your own please share it with me, I'd love to see what you come up with : )

No comments:

Post a Comment