Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4: Simple Edit Tutorial

I thought I'd try something a little different today so I put together a tutorial for a simple edit that can be used in photoshop or even some of the editing websites that are free online. 

 image SOOC 


Open your image in your editing program.
I really love this picture and there isnt much that needs fixing but I always bump up the contrast to give an image a little extra kick!



Bump up the contrast a tad to add some definition to your image. I adjusted the brightness a little lower because I tend to like a richer looking image.

Next open your saturation/lightness layer and adjust your saturation up to bring out the green in the background and the blue on his shirt.


Like I said I really like the richer edited look so I am opening my levels layer and adjusting the black and white sliders in towards the center just a little bit. This really brings out the color in the image.


The last step is to open another levels layer


Dont adjust anything


Choose soft brush blend.


And lower the opacity on this level.


Here is the final product!


This is a simple edit that that can add a little extra to any image!

Here is the SOOC next to the edit


Happy Editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment