Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 5 & 6: DIY modge podge and 40 in 40

Whoops, I missed a day! I had a really busy day yesterday having a family day at the Pumpkin Festival and an impromtu double date last night with my mom and step-dad so the crafting didnt quite happen. BUT to make up for it I am doing 2 crafts today!

Day 5: Modge Podge

Great to have this around the house for so many crafts! I actually found a great do-it-yourself at home recipe for modge podge that is 1/3 of the price on Do It Yourself Divas blog.

Supplies
an empty jar
water
elmers glue





Pour the entire bottle of Elmers glue into your empty jar.

Add the same amount of water so you have even amounts of water and glue.
Its as simple as that!! What a great stocking stuffer or Christmas gift for anyone who loves doing crafts as much as you : )

If you have any questions about the use of this verses modge podge, check out the Do It Yourself Divas Q&A here.


Day 6: 40 in 40

I found this idea from pinterest and you can see the original "list" right here.

Get rid of 40 bags in 40 days. Target 40 (or less if you arent a mild hoarder like me) places, drawers, closets, rooms etc. that need to be de-cluttered, and choose 1 of those places a day to go through and get rid of 1 bag of stuff that you dont need, dont use or is just plain junk. Who knows, by the end of the 40 days you could have a huge pile of stuff for a yardsale! 

This isnt a typical craft that you can sit down and do in a couple hours but it is a great do it yourself idea for your house to help declutter and organize. Im also looking at this as a challenge to evaluate what is truly necessary in my life. I get caught up with "my stuff" all too often. When we go through our house to "declutter" or buy something new and need more space, I tend to want to hold on to the old stuff "just in case". I want to use this as a way to force myself to really look at the "things" that I am holding on to. I hope that during the 40 days I can find several things that I can give up that can bless someone else and I also just really want to get rid of some of this clutter! I mean who really needs 6 frying pans anyway??

40 bags in 40 days!

If I break it down into days it totally makes this project seem like a piece of cake. I will keep most of thebag ideas from this list but I'll be replacing a few with my own drawers, closets and rooms that are in need of some serious de-cluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment